Magenta VS Data File Conversion
For Windows 95 and NT
VS Data File Migration to PCs
- Assists in migration of VS data files
and PACE databases to PC and UNIX databases or
- Extracts data from LightSpeed Backup
- Avoid writing custom applications to
migrate VS data
- Provides three file conversions:
- LS Backup format (VS block organised) files can be
- Using a VS DMS CONTROL file or PACE data dictionary, VS
copied to the PC as delimited records may be converted
- Using a VS DMS CONTROL file or PACE data dictionary, LS
- (VS block organised) files may be
converted into delimited fields.
- VS data field formats converted
include: character, zoned or signed numeric, packed
signed numeric, unpacked signed numeric, binary/hex,
binary/decimal and repeating fields. Leading zeros are
removed from numerics .
- VS file formats supported for LS
Backup files are: indexed or consecutive, fixed or
variable length records, compressed or uncompressed (not
Indexed Plus) .
- Multiple files of different formats
(such as different PACE tables) can be batched for
conversion in a single session.
- Field Names may be placed in the first
record to ease importing.
- Field delimiters may be tabs,
comma/quote or pipe.
- A sub selection of records may be
converted, allowing for multiple PACE table files.
- Date and time fields may be formatted
according to Windows settings.
- A log file may be created for each
converted file showing the VS file VTOC information and
the conversion status, while a separate conversion log
shows the progress of batched files.
Magenta VS/PC Transfer Utility
Provides two way copying of files between
VS and PC using a WLOC connected PC. Does not require WSN,
IWScore or any other hardware or software. Copies up to 250 Mbyte
of VS data per hour. More information is contained in a separate Overview.
PC: any PC with Windows 95, Windows NT 3.51
or later, fast Pentium recommended. A Windows 3.1 version is also
available, but does not convert the PACE dictionary.
See Price List